Where did the TTT and Minigames server go?

With the lack of interest in TTT from CSGO players in general it was decided by the staff team that we would focus on one server that requires players for it to function(Jailbreak) and one skill based server(Surf). Surf I believe is also the most popular based community mode. Minigames has also been turned offline as it never seemed to perform well on CSGO. It was popular on Counter-Strike: Source but on CS:GO it never gained much interest from players.

Jailbreak was the first server that we had and it did very well back then and I strongly believe it can do well going forward. Jailbreak offers way more in terms of gameplay over TTT. It has a core gameplay element and each map in addition also offers plenty of games. TTT is fun with many players, however with few players it becomes repetitive and more like a deathmatch also currently the interest is not the same as it was.

What are the plans going forward for TTT and Minigames?
It is planned to only turn ttt or mg online if it was the event we are hosting that day. We do plan to have more frequent events, they will likely take place Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. If in the future we see a rise in interest for TTT from CSGO players then we may add it back but for now I don’t see that interest.

How do I know the interest is not there?
Take a look at GameTracker you can see the number of servers that exist for TTT, the number of players playing on them, and the game tracker rank. (Here is a link) At the time of writing this I can only see two servers in the USA that have players and are ranked under 1000. 2-3 Years ago, there were many more servers that had many players on and ranked under 1000 for TTT. Now in comparison take a look at surf you can see multiple servers in the USA with many active players and with a rank under 1000.

If you made it all the way to the end of my ted talk, post #ted below and offer your thoughts. Also Fun fact DEFY will have been around for 5 years in August of 2021, many servers likely don’t even make it past 1 year.

1 Like

#ted

No other thoughts, head empty

1 Like

#ted

Damn, I come back after a year and my favorite server is gone